Budget Tip: Be Around With People With the Same Budget

We all know how hard to earn money today with all the expenses for the both needs and wants of every individual. But, the thing is, money isn't really that hard to earn. Yes, there are jobs that are so hard, but the pay isn't good. I know the feeling well since I was into that kind of work before. But the thing is. I found out that, being together with someone that has the same tight budget as you can actually save you money.

This does not apply only to the workforce, but also to students so, I guess, if you are a student and you are reading this, I hope you think carefully about this after reading the article.


So, imagine this kind of set up. If you are with people who can spend more than what you have in a day, do you think you'll be able to save some money for emergencies or for your personal satisfaction? It all boils down on what we spend and how we spend it at the end of the day. Expensive dinners, or even staying up for hours in the arcade would do you no good.
Even movie marathon on the big screen will absolutely put a hole in your pocket. Sure, they give you fun, but is it wise to spend all your savings in just one day?

But then, imagine this now. What if you are with people who spends less than the budget that you have set up for that day? I can see now that thought bubble in your head. We can actually save more for the next day. Whether on the weekend, we'll have more budget to treat ourselves in a cheap but quality spa next door or even buy a cloth or two! Isn't that amazing?

(You might be interested in Top 7 Money Handling )

It's like choosing who you'll be friends with. But in a manner of speaking, we are putting money in the balance too. It might sound awkward for your old friends, but if we truly want to save money for either investment or for an emergency fund, it's wiser to choose on how we spend it. Next time you go on a coffee break, consider joining the ones who'll just go for a cheap coffee with the same taste and aroma as those who go in an expensive shop for just the same taste and aroma.


Image Credit: Gabbey Road J-Walker

Share:

12 comments

  1. That definitely makes a lot of sense. If you have friends that eat a lot, then you'd definitely do the same thing, the same goes for budgeting. Good insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really basic but like what Elizabeth said, it does make a lot of sense. I think it makes traveling easier and it gives a more hassle-free travel experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Be with people with the same budget range. You won't overspend and you would have about the same level of expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how difficult it is to hang out with friends with a different budget than you. Especially when it comes to traveling, it's better to have a verbal contract of a budget you're both aiming for to avoid peer pressuring each other into spending money one of you do not want to spend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good idea. Eating out and going out with friends can be expensive when they choose those expensive restos. Imagine how much you can save when you just stay at home. There are creative ways to spend time with friend meaningfully without spending much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I really enjoy it when people around me spend the same way I do. Sometimes when I go out with people who spend a lot it makes me very uncomfortable, and worse sometimes I spend more than I usually do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree entirely. I hang out with my college friends who were way well financially situated than I am. But I still managed to live within my means. They didn't force me to spend beyond what I can. And I was even able to pay my own miscellaneous expenses, and was able to send something for my family with the income that I have as a working student. I think it's more of being honest to your friends and yourself and how you stand financially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that could also be true. It's all about discipline in the end if you will spend like your friends does.

      Delete
  8. You are definitely right. Good thing is that my office mates also spend money wisely like me. Especially now that we are on survival mode because 15th is still 5 days to go. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a great advise.. it's all about controlling yourself and being with the right people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do agree. It is easier if we be around with the people of the same budget to encourage each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This however makes sense. I do have friends who wants to eat in a lavish fine dining restaurant and if thats where they want to eat Ill tell them I have to pass coz I cant afford it. Unless its a treat.

    ReplyDelete