How Old School Dating Will Make You a Better Lover

I am a fan of classic drama and romance movies and stories that portrayed how a lady and a gentleman acts with each other. Simply because those chivalrous and simple acts are rarely seen or done by the new generation. With all these online dating apps and one-night stands we surely get connected with other people fast, but with that fast connection often results from a fast break-up.


Previously we talked about the "Signs that Shows Your Relationship Will Last" and I think these points that I observe that the new generation lack will also strengthen those signs.


1.) Nothing Beats A Permission from the Parents

If you are going to ask her out just for a single date on a certain day, she can see you in a brighter side if you will also ask her parents for a date. Even if you are still courting her, give her and her parents a peace of mind that you will take her to her home before the day ends.

And when you ask for permission from the parents, not only your girl will like the idea, but also the parents. At least, they know your face and would know who you are rather than keeping it a secret from them. Don't fret, as long as you stay sincere and cleanly dressed, they will surely give you their approval for a date.



2.) Make an Effort to Make an Appearance

It doesn't matter if the style doesn't suit you or for whatever reason you just don't want to look like a real gentleman, make an effort to dress clean. Remember what I said before this one? If you girl's parents see you dress clean, they will give you your consent for a date, even though you are not their type at first.


3.) Pay Attention to Her, not to Your Phone

It's good that you could, at least, have a picture about the date and post it on Instagram or to Facebook, but what important is that you both are making an effort to keep the gadgets off on your hands and instead, talk about the things that is interesting for the both of you while holding hands. Now, which is better, holding hands or holding your own smartphone?



4.) Ask Permission

Be it for holding hands during the date, asking for permission is one of the best quality a man can have when trying to court a girl or if you are going out regularly other already. Asking for permission if when can you call her, or when can there be another date or just simply asking when will be the next time that you could see her is a sign of respect you could give to her. Sometimes, we assume that after the date, it's ok to just touch her. But it is not ok. Asking permission will absolutely make you a better lover.


5.) Don't Talk About Sex after the Fourth Date

Don't get excited about it. Usually, if we are talking about old school, most country only approve of sex when they are already married. And yes, there is no expectation of having sex after the fourth date before plainly because they have what they call respect. You will get there in proper time. Don't think that dates are the starting point and sex is the finish line. It doesn't work that way if you really wanted to have a long lasting relationship with your significant other.


6.) Bring her Home In Time

Usually, I noticed that when parents give their consent for a date, they give a specific time for their daughter to be home safe and sound. And you should strictly follow that one. Doing so will earn you their trust over you. This is a must if you wanted to be a better lover.


By the way, I found this amazing pictures at the Facebook page of Puuung and she is an amazing artist. Visit her facebook page by clicking on the link Puuung

Share:

15 comments

  1. Back in my days, I did not even dare to ask if I coukd hold the hand of my girlfriend. That should give you an idea of what it was like before and how old I am. LOL. Great tips I think and especially to the parents, as today, it seems young people are too assuming, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I observed that ever since I was a teenager, that is why, when I was making this post, it came to me that people should try to ask the parent's permission when taking out their daughter/son.

      Delete
  2. Old School methods are the best way! Call me old fashioned but those were the days when people respected each other and their families more. I enjoyed reading this today. A great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And I agree, there should be more respect not only towards the person you love, but also to their family.

      Delete
  3. I love those moves. They will surely make ladies kilig and feel they are indeed important. Like it when you need to ask permission may it be just holding her hands. Makes me smile. I remember my lola. She told me once that she married my lolo because my lolo held her hands without her approval. Her parents talked with my lolo's parents and they scheduled the marriage. It turned out my lolo intentionally held my lolas hands because he was deeply inlove with her and it was the only way to get her. Naughty but they ended up having 11 children, my mom included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. That was so sweet, and the fact that you grandfather know that, yet since she love you lola that much is really something. Thank you for sharing the story.

      Delete
  4. Personalized communication is one old-school dating habit that should make a comeback. Put the cellphones away. We need to be able to communicate to the person we’re with… the person sitting right in front of us. We have all the time in the world to use our cell phones when other people aren’t around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asking permission from the parents is definitely a plus for me if I'm not married yet now. lol. But I'm happily taken so, it doesn't matter, lol. But seriously, these tips are really good if gents nowadays can do this. It's an automatic plus points to the lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmy. Your post and the comments make me feel werid 😂 I'm an unorthodox, unconventional kind of girl. A non-conformist. I do not like anyone asking permission on my behalf because it makes me feel incompetent to ask permission myself. I do love a gentleman, though, the one who opens doors and slides a chair but I do not like a man who is predictable.

    I guess, this list will work only for the girls who aren't like me 😂✌️ but I'm sure a lot of ladies would fall for this 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patience is a virtue, it's also an old school attitude towards dating. oh well, at least for me. :) lesson learned (personally)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure that this will work everyone. Personally (and as a parent myself) I'm not fussed on the whole asking for permission thing. I'm old and married now but even as a teenager I am more than capable of deciding who I would like to date and certainly didn't need the approval of my parents or anyone else. To each their own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think some of them are common sense. In any dates you shouldn't be paying attention to anything but her. Also, you won't talk to sex straightforward if you believe it's some serious date. I like the idea of asking permissions. I love this idea of old school romance that has been forgotten. Nowadays, even you wanna be gentleman and hold the door, as you should do for being polite, you can sometimes turned down because of feminazis bs. I love old school romance and even if I met my girlfriend on a video game and we are both geeky, we do have our old school romance moments that we enjoy together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Thank you so much for the comment and the visit!

      Delete
  10. Nothing beats old school indeed. As a woman, a man who does the old school strategy makes me fall in love. ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, old school is better than the modern way. Thank you for visiting the blog!

      Delete