Loving a Mood Swinger



Navigating through the stormy ocean of same-sex relationship is already hard, with all the temptation and lack of discipline to being loyal, to the lack of time for each other to see and even date because of busy schedules with work and other things that are important. Loving a bipolar person is more than a roller coaster ride in that stormy ocean.

Sometimes, loving a bipolar means that you will be loving all the sides of that person. It resembles like a rough diamond. The piece is beautiful to look at, but if you are not careful at handling them, you might get cuts or otherwise, hurt yourself than just cuts. What I am saying is that, loving a bipolar person, either diagnosed clinically or just assuming that he is, it can be really hard, but really rewarding.

Don't try to Argue, Let Him Understand

Most of the times, people with this kind of problem just needs people who will understand them, make them understand that it will be alright and you validate his or her existence despite being so unreadable and inconsistent with their words.

Make them understand that you will be there for them and you will not give up trying to understand as to why they change their mood so suddenly. But, do not force him to understand to smile and make a positive outlook in life. Just be there whenever they feel sad or is feeling happy.


Be Patient and Hold Your Ground

When their thinking and mood suddenly changes into bad, be there, stand your ground and stretch up your patience.Plan ahead and make sure to build up happy thoughts to help you when the storm comes into the ocean. It will always be a surprise when their mood will change, but that doesn't mean that you can just throw the table and give up. Just be patient and try to keep an open mind as to why and how their mood changes so quickly. Be on guard and hold your stance.

Keep on Learning

Don't go into the sea unprepared. Always get a hold of knowledge regarding mood swings or being bipolar because that will also help you clinically and emotionally how to make sure that both of you can be safe and land unharmed.

Life really knows how to make sure that every day is a lesson. And loving a mood swinger will really open your eyes to different perspectives and your thoughts into different possibilities. Because you just can't predict the day of mood swingers, then you should be ready to keep an open mind, heart, and soul to accept them and learn from the experience, how to really love someone so unreadable and unpredictable.

Just Love Them

It can be really unfair when all the effort of understanding is one-sided, but if you decided to love someone, just commit to it and show them what your love can do and bring. They may have a hard time to trust you most of the time and chose to believe you even if you mean them no harm, but from personal experience, when they are in good mood, they can really bring great things to you. So Just be patient with them, stand your ground, understand them more and just continue loving them more every day. After all, even if they are swingers, they are also a human being that needs some love just as you do.


Share:

27 comments

  1. Well after reading this complete blog post, I will just say It's awesome.Thanks for sharing,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I hope somehow that I was able to inform how to love a mood-swinger.

      Delete
  2. yes, loving them is very important. It would be too difficult to understand difficult people if you don't for them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a process to make them feel understood and loved. But the reward you get from them is priceless.

      Delete
  3. I have friends who are bipolar and what I do is just let them know that I'm always around whether it's up or down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really important that we stand our ground whether they are happy or sad. It's practically hard, but hey, they are also human who needs someone right?

      Delete
  4. I think you just have to understand yet you should also hold your ground. SO it's balancing those two items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's about being dedicated and committed on what you do and don't give them up.

      Delete
  5. This is incredibly touching. I deal with depression so I have moments where I suddenly feel down. I can only imagine what my husband goes through dealing with me. I am happy to see more people understanding of this situation as mental health is no joke. May your love and relationship continue to thrive.

    www.KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. With today's stress from the society, it's never easy to just stay normal and it's a good experience too!

      Delete
  6. Whether it is same sex relationship or otherwise, it comes with all the typical challenges throughout that relationship. Bipolars are different. Where is the fine line that divides standing your ground or simply letting the other person be as you do understand the condition?

    Now one thing I really like in your post is when you said, "Just love them." Because it works.

    http://www.amazinglifedaily.com #AmazingLifeDaily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really do works. If you just stay with them and love them, then they can rest assured that it is true.

      Delete
  7. I think if you really love someone, you will learn to accept them as a whole no matter what flaws they have physically or emotionally... my brother is actually a mood swinger but we learned to understand him.. we approached him and eventually he confessed to us that he is gay and his mood was like that because he just don't know how to open up and he suffered in so much depression... but now everything is okay.. he still has this Masungit episodes pa rin pero we learned to accept it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, the cause of mood-swings for most people is that society cannot accept them. So they tend to hide their emotions and bottle it all up.

      Delete
  8. One thing I learned as I have read so many books is, Loving is not about yourself. Love is wanting the best for your partner. I love Jason Evert's books about Love and Relationship and this just came to mind.

    Compatible comes from the Latin "compati", meaning "to suffer with". If you are not willing to suffer with someone until death do you part, then you are not compatible.
    Jason Evert

    I just feel this enforces why we love who we love. :)

    http://thetopknotters.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving someone would mean loving them as a whole, and also while bearing in mind that love is not an emotion but a choice to be committed to show that you care deeply for the person, even with said bipolar emotions with them. it means understanding and compromise, and not giving up. I love how you pieced this together... also, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. honestly, I don't think I can deal with a mood swinger. I tend to back out when I talk to someone who's moods swings too often. but I sometimes do manage by just not giving a damn on what they're tantrums are about. well, sometimes the necessity calls to accept other people, no matter what are your differences, just to live a peaceful life... Freelancer Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be honest, there are some point in life that my mood suddenly swings. Although, I don't consider it as such because it's just so mild, it could be just my attitude sometimes. So this post is for my husband. lol. But I'm happy he knows how to deal with me already and the mood swings doesn't happen too often anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I'll commit in a relationship with the same-sex let alone someone who is bi-polar or has constant mood swings. This is because I've experienced having a friend who is such. And the struggle is real. It's a serious one. I hope you can put real life couples who got through it as an inspiration for those who want to enter such. Anyway, this is a great read still. -Me-An Clemente of http://yogoandcream.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there are still people who can't last the burden of having friends, or having a partner who is bi-polar, but I have also seen and talked with people who is in same-sex relationship and has bi-polar disorder ad they inspired me to share a story too.

      Delete
  13. Aren't we all mood swingers at times ? I really enjoyed a good read here , but I would like to point out that I don't believe , that this is a "same sex thing" ! It's just a "human thing" , we all can be the nicest person one can imagine in the morning and the biggest pain at lunchtime. Nobody is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post and I believe that it actually applies to everyone in general. We all have issues and we are all mood swingers. We all need to accept and embrace and the flaws of the person we are with, along with their qualities. That's how love is. And sometimes it might be hard, and we can lose patience because we are all different and act different, but in the end, no matter the issues, the anxieties, the crisis, the moods, you are with the right person when you can handle everything with him/her and you will love him/her no matter what

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was not able to encounter a person with bipolar. But if ever I will have a friend or relative who is bipolar I will be with them if they will need me. I will be patience in dealing with their mood swings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be hard if you only have the patience. You also had to commit to that if you want them to feel loved.

      Delete
  16. I haven't encountered or known someone who is bipolar yet I have read posts about them. Sometimes, it sucks but mostly it won't especially if you truly care for the person. You'll eventually learn how to deal with them effectively. Mood swings aren't inevitable at all since almost everyone gets them. It's just a manner of managing them. I admire those who are extremely patient about this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmmm. Thank you for sharing this. It's an eye opener hehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can imagine that this can be very hard at times to love someone with bipolar. However no one ever said love was always easy. These are great tips!

    ReplyDelete